Digital healthcare is a modern approach that uses various digital technologies to deliver quality healthcare services that are accessible, affordable, and sustainable. Numerous healthcare providers have embraced state-of-the-art Hospital Management Systems and HIMS software to transform the delivery of healthcare services
Digital Healthcare Products and Solutions
Digital technologies are utilized to create cyber-physical, digital, or physical applications for the healthcare sector. These solutions assist healthcare providers in achieving specific objectives. Some common digital healthcare solutions include:
1. SaaS: Hospitals have various systems, workflows, and processes to manage. Streamlining these can be a major challenge for any hospital. SaaS solutions use cloud technologies, AI, and other digital technologies to integrate various processes and systems. They are externally managed, cost-effective, secure, and scalable.
2. Telemedicine and Telehealth technologies: Telemedicine uses telecommunication and electronic information technologies to provide clinical services to patients in remote areas. Telehealth encompasses telemedicine and additional non-clinical services.
3. Mobile health (m-Health) and wearable technologies: These applications aid in the sharing of health information via mobile technologies and wearable devices. m-Health technologies utilize mobile apps and wearable devices such as smartwatches and fitness bands to track and monitor various health metrics.
4. Electronic medical and health records (EMR/EHR): Digital technologies allow for every patient’s electronic medical records (EMR) or electronic health records (EHR) to be stored in a centralized repository, accessible to patients or authorized doctors from any location in India at any time.
5. Personalized medicine: Using advanced digital technologies, it is increasingly becoming possible to devise a customized treatment regimen that is unique to an individual patient.
Benefits of Digital Healthcare:
• Digital healthcare is becoming increasingly popular among healthcare providers due to the following benefits:
• Digital healthcare solutions are easily adopted, implemented, and adjusted to meet the needs of healthcare providers.
• The solutions improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery operations and systems.
• They improve the quality of treatment and healthcare services.
• They increase the reach and accessibility of medical care services to remote areas.
• Digital technologies make healthcare more accessible and affordable to people across socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Digital healthcare delivery becomes more agile, resilient, and adaptable to uncertainties.
• They improve the sustainability and viability of hospitals and healthcare models.
• They aid in the development of public health policy at the regional and national levels.